Friday, July 15, 2016

Mawwiage

All of this tragedy and sadness has me thinking about life, and the things + people that really matter. Of course, the person that matters the most to be in the world is my husband.

Last month, we celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. Eight years!

Four years ago, I wrote this post about how we met/ended up getting married. So, I'm not going to re-hash that story again (even though it's my favorite story).

It's been a lovely eight years. I'm not a liar, it hasn't all been lovely. But what in life is lovely all of the time? And we're lucky. The less fun times are few and far between. At this point in our marriage, in our lives, it's pretty rock solid.

Do I think it will always be that way? No, of course not. I'm not an idiot. Sometimes, it will take work. It will take more effort to be happy than it takes right now. But I honestly believe that I married my true partner in life, and so, the effort is all worth it in the end.

Being married (and being married to my husband, specifically) is awesome. What's not to love? You get to live with your best friend. (You can do this without being married, but still.. work with me here.) Someone is always there to support and encourage you.

And, the coolest part - you get to watch that person learn, make mistakes, and change and adapt as an individual. You get to watch them as they evolve. And since we never stop evolving, there's always something new to learn about them.

Not that I would advise this to everyone out there, but I love that we got married young (in our early 20s). As our opinions changed, as our experiences became more varied, we got to discuss and share that with one another. We weren't "set in our ways". As we evolved ourselves as individuals, we evolved our relationship too.

And I think that's just so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment