Friday, July 15, 2016

Be a better human.

We live in a sad world. A world in which bad things happen.

Sometimes, it's really difficult to see the world as anything more than a place in which bad things happen. It can really make you wonder what it's all supposed to be about, anyway.

And it's frightening, because we have so little control over the vast majority of the bad things.

If I'm being 100% honest, sometimes it makes me (the lady with a mildly adventurous spirit) want to hide way with my husband and my dog and shelter myself from the world. I'd have no problem living life as a homebody. As long as I had those two (the husband and the dog), some good books, coffee/tea, and a few good television shows and games - I'd be totally fine with being a hermit.

That's no way to live (at least not for more than a few days, because let's be honest, sometimes living that life is really awesome). But if I do that all the time, and I do it out of fear of being out in the world - if anyone of us does that - then they (the bad guys) have won.

We need to remember to explore, experience, laugh, and love.

It's true, we don't have control over much of our environment, and sadly - we could find ourselves in the midst of something terrible - just as all those people did yesterday.

But we do have control over ourselves and our own behavior. We can live our lives in a way that makes us joyful. We can treat others with respect, and acknowledge that each and every person is a fellow human being with their own thoughts, feelings, opinions, dreams, fears, experiences, etc.

We can do our best to be a better a human.

So let's do that - let's be better humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment